Linked below is the Canvass Board Certificate including Judges Certificate, Statement on Ballots and Judges Abstract of Votes for the May 2, 2023 election for the Inspiration Metropolitan District.
Linked below is the Preliminary Judge’s Abstract of Votes for the May 2, 2023 election for the Inspiration Metropolitan District. Overseas ballots can be counted until May 10th, 2023.
Please note that the results are not final until the Canvass Board has met and certified the Election results. Certification must occur between May 11th-May 16th.
An independent mail ballot election will be held by Inspiration Metropolitan District on Tuesday, May 2, 2023. This election will be conducted as an independent mail ballot election only. There is no in-person voting. Ballots were mailed to eligible electors between April 10, 2023 and April 17, 2023. Please return your ballot by mail.
If you do not receive a ballot, please contact the Designated Election Official (“DEO”) via email [email protected] or call (303) 858-1800.
If you need to drop off your ballot in person, you may do so during business hours at:
- HOLLY EMRICK SVETZ
- BOB LEGARE
- RALPH D. PARRIS
- Ballot Issue A (Operations, Administration and Maintenance Mill Levy – Ad Valorem Taxes)
Bob LeGare moved from Illinois to Colorado in 1974 to attend Denver Automotive & Diesel College and quickly fell in love with the sunny and mostly mild climate of the region. After nine years as an ASE certified auto mechanic LeGare made a career change entering the commercial real estate/commercial property management field. LeGare earned a BSBA degree from the University of Phoenix in 1997 and he retired from the real estate field in 2015. Before and after retirement he values service to the community through volunteerism in various government and community organizations. LeGare enjoys scuba diving with his wife Teresa and walking regularly in the Inspiration neighborhood and surrounding areas.
-Community College of Aurora Foundation Board member 2021-present
-Aurora Police Old Hire Pension Board member 2022-present
-Metro Water Recovery District Board member 2019-present
-Sand Creek Regional Greenway Board member 2017-2022
-Aurora Mayor 2018-2019
-Aurora City Council Member At-Large, 1995-2003, 2011-2018
-Mile High Behavioral Healthcare/Comitis Board member 2012-2018
-Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority Board member 1997-1999, 2018-2019
-High Line Canal Working Group 2014-2017
-Aurora Association of Realtors Board member 2008-2011
-Co-Chair Aurora Chamber of Commerce Govt. Affairs Committee, 2004-2010
-Arapahoe County Open Space & Trails Advisory Board, 2004-2009
-Aurora Blue Ribbon Panel on Governance & Infrastructure, 2006-2008
-Member, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), 2005-2015
-Member, Aurora Association of Realtors, 1983-2015
-Member, Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors, 1984-2015
-Member, Aurora Chamber of Commerce, 1998-present
-Charter Member, Aurora Museum Foundation, 1992-present
-Former Policy Advisory member, I-25 Light Rail Study Committee
-Former Policy Advisory member, T-REX I-25 Rail/Highway Project
-Former Board member Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
-Former DRCOG Transportation Policy Committee member
-State of Colorado Office of Regulatory Reform Advisory Board, 1989-1993
-Aurora Citizens Advisory Budget Committee member (CABC), 1989-1993
-Leadership Aurora Participant, 1988-1989
-Aurora Boys and Girls Club Advisory Board member 1988-1992
-Aurora Open Space Advisory Board member, 1986-1989
Other Information of Interest
-Aurora resident for 48 years
-Father of 2/Grandfather of 3
I am a retired Architect (Fellow of the American Institute of Architects) who as a partner, led an 800 person global design firm. I was a leader of the healthcare and higher education market, and also led the firms Integrated Design and Delivery efforts. I have experience in all aspects of architecture and planning (including community planning). I have worked with governmental and community organizations representing clients in many different settings. I bring experience working around the world and managing large complex organizations. I have served on boards for over 25 years, including:
– Dublin Youth Lacrosse
– Columbus College of Art & Design
– Business Advisory Board
– NBBJ Board (my firm’s governance arm)
– The Nature Conservancy in Ohio
– Board Finance Liaison, Legacy Ambassador
In those roles, I served in a variety responsibilities, including representing the Nature Conservancy to local, regional, and national elected officials to present green infrastucture solution to replace traditional infrastructure. I have a Bachelors and Masters Degree in Architecture from Virginia Tech
Why do you want to serve on the Metro District Board?
I have always had a strong sense of commitment to my community. I believe that my experience in architecture, construction, development and planning will be an asset to Inspiration. I am experienced at working with groups and regulatory agencies at all scales. I am a problem solver whose greatest strength is taking input from a variety of sources and creating sustainable strategies for cohesive tactics and solutions.
Do you have any goals you wish to accomplish if elected?
I am very focused on the physical and environmental aspects of our community, including:
-Develop holistic Water Conservation & Management strategies
-Incorporate Green Infrastructure – run-off, capture, divert, store water for use in the community
-Explore cost reduction strategies around the physical elements of the community. – design, construction, maintenance.
-Explore more robust community recycling strategies.
Board President Term to May 2023
Email: [email protected]
· J.D. | 1993 | George Washington University Law School | Journal of International Law and Economics
· M.S. | 1987 | University of Southern California (extension) | Systems Management
· M.S. | 1983 | Air Force Institute of Technology | Aeronautical Engineering
· B.S. | 1980 | United States Air Force Academy | Aeronautical Engineering
From 1993 until 2015, admitted to the Virginia and District of Columbia Bar, admitted to U.S. Court of Federal Claims; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and the Eastern District of Virginia; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
· 2019 – Retired
· 2015-2019 – Consulting services as Presidents of Svetz Govcon Consulting LLC dealing with a wide range of matters involving agreements with the government.
· 1993-2015 – Practicing government contracts attorney and ultimately partner in major national law firms: Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP, Morrison & Foerster, Piper Rudnick, and Pettit and Martin
· 1980-1990 – Air Force officer performing as Research Engineer in digital flight control systems; Assistant Professor of Astronautics at the United States Air Force Academy; Executive Officer and Program Manager F-22 Weapons Integration; Program Manager T-1 Simulator.
· Inspiration Metropolitan District (2018-present); Board Director and Board Liaison to Residential Improvement Committee
· Hilltop Club (2016-present); Bridge Club, Book Club, Mah Jongg Club, sadly few outings with Golf Club and Hiking Club
· American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law: Council Member (2005-2008); Co-Chair Intellectual Property Committee; Vice Chair, Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection Committee; Quarterly Program Co-chair; Strategic Planning Committee; Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association: Board of Governors.
-National Contract Management Association
-American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.